Increased awareness among the masses with regards to protection of the environment has led to the emergence of green web hosting plans. A green web hosting plan is a hosting solution where in all the energy that is used to run a particular hosting plan (server) comes from renewable sources of energy. This means that in case of a green hosting plan, web servers are run on electricity that is generated from renewable sources of energy rather than through the use of fossil fuels. This ensures that there is minimal impact on the environment for the upkeep and usage of these web hosting servers.
These days green hosting solutions are offered by many web hosting providers. Most green hosting companies generate their own energy for powering these green hosting plans, but those who do not have the resources to generate their own power make use of Renewable Energy Certificates to buy electricity that has been generated using renewable sources of energy for use in their data centers. There are certain benefits of using a green hosting plan. These benefits are both from a moral as well as a commercial perspective. Let us take a look at what these are and how they make a green hosting plan more lucrative for website owners.
- The biggest benefit of using a green hosting plan is that it is environmentally friendly. A green hosting plan is designed to cause minimal pollution and also has a less degrading impact on the environment in comparison to traditional web hosting plans.
- Another benefit is the social acceptance that comes with using a green hosting plan. If your customers are aware that green hosting solutions are running your website, they would be more interested in recommending you to their associates and would also feel that yours’ is a business that cares for others and the environment.
- Using a green hosting plan can provide your business the kind of image that is required to generate more sales and attract more clients; thus offering you a way to increase your revenue in the long run without having the need to invest a lot of money in lead generation.
- Another thing is that there are NGOs and environmental bodies which offer discounts and rebates on the use of green hosting solutions; something that can come in handy if your hosting costs are too high or if yours’ is a startup which needs to conserve cash while choosing a web hosting plan.
- Another benefit of using a green hosting plan is that you can use this fact in your marketing strategy to develop an image that represents security, sustainability and protectiveness. This is something that can help your business grow quickly and easily and develop a nice image in the eyes of customers.
There are several distinct advantages to using a green hosting plan. Although there are some benefits which are only moral ones; they are also ones which provide the maximum benefit as they affect the image and perception of the company, using a green hosting plan, in the eyes of the customer. This is something that ultimately affects trust building, which translates into increased sales and more revenue for an organization in the long run.